EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MILK – Is drinking milk good for you
- When I talk about milk, then let me precise to cow’s milk here only. Is drinking milk good for you ? Cow’s milk is one of the most consumable milk globally. Especially for vegetarian cow’s milk is savage as they aren’t able to take their nutrition from animals.
Since childhood, every parent’s favorite source of nutritional drink is milk that they give to their child.
And you also must use to consume milk every day, whether you do some physical activity or not but milk is a priority for everyone.
- But here I am going to tell you about what in the nutritional value of milk, what is the nutritional content of milk and its benefits what is the quantity of milk is enough for you every day and also side effects of milk and lactose intolerance case.
First, start with nutrition value of milk
Nutritional value of whole milk – Is drinking milk good for you
When I talk about milk it has two types whole milk and fat-free milk, the type of milk that a cow product naturally is whole milk so have a look at the nutritional value of whole milk
240 gram of whole milk contains (means a glass of milk)
• 8 gram of protein(6 gram casein protein and 2 gram whey protein)
• 13 grams of carbohydrate(13-gram sugar (lactose)
• 8 grams of fat( 4.5 saturated fat,2 grams monosaturated,0.5 polyunsaturated, omega 3 – 1.92 gram, omega 6- 0.3)
• Vitamin A – 110 μg
• Vitamin d –5 IU ( 65% of daily recommendation)
• Vitamin B12- 1.08 μg
• Calcium – 272 Mg
• Riboflavin (vitamin B2) – 0.439 mg (moderate quantity)
• Phosphorous – moderate
• Potassium – 366 mg (daily recommendation of potassium in human body is 4700mg)
• Choline -34.32 mg( an important nutrient found in the milk which support sleep, muscle movement, learning, and memory.That is the reason your mother say drink milk for a good memory).
• Water – 212 gram
If I talk about fat-free milk then everything will remain the same except for 8 grams of fat. Removing fat does not affect any other nutritional value of milk. As milk contains the high amount of saturated fat which may increase the risk of heart disease that’s why recommended to use fat-free milk.
Health benefit of milk – Is drinking milk good for you
• As milk is rich in calcium and vitamin d so helps in strength, repair, and growth of bones
• Due to rich in potassium it reduces the risk of heart disease, reduces blood pressure, preserves loss of muscles mass and bone density and reduction of kidney stones formation.
• It is perfect for the post-workout drink if you are unable to buy whey protein supplements.
• It somehow helps in Knee Osteoarthritis
There are many more but I mentioned working knowledge that you need to know.
As per Wikipedia , 3 glass per day for adults and 1-2 glass for children up to 9 years age
The side effect of milk and lactose intolerance – Is drinking milk good for you?
One of the main issue with the milk is Lactose, also called milk sugar, is the main carbohydrate found in milk. In the digestive system, it is broken down into its subunits, glucose, and galactose. But it does not happen with every people. An enzyme called lactase is required for the breakdown of lactose. Some people lose the ability to digest lactose after childhood. This inability to digest lactose is called lactose intolerance.
Due to lactose intolerance, many diseases occurred in the human being like gas, bloating, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
So if you are one of lactose intolerance person stay away from milk as you can separate lactose from milk so better to separate yourself from milk.
This is all about Is drinking milk good for you ,hope you liked it, if you liked so then don’t forget to subscribe our newsletter for such knowledgeable topic.
If you have any question comment below.